This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for providing a comprehensive range of legal support tasks for attorneys including typing, editing and/or formatting legal documents and correspondence, communications with clients and business contacts, inputting attorney time, paper and electronic file maintenance, calendar and contacts maintenance, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing reimbursement forms and other tasks as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Type, proofread, format and edit correspondence, pleadings, memoranda, agreements and other legal documents under time-sensitive deadlines. Conversion of both paper and electronic files to pdf format
- Open new client and new matter files
- Maintain attorney and client files, both paper and electronic formats. Maintain email and electronic files using NetDocs
- Schedule appointments, meetings; maintain calendars; make travel arrangements; set up conference calls; arrange food service
- Answer, screen and respond to phone calls
- Open and route mail and email, attaching appropriate files and documents
- Enter attorney time into time-keeping program
- Maintain and track CLE records for attorneys
- Prepare and submit expense/reimbursement reports
- Assist fellow legal assistants and additional attorneys as needed
- 2+ years’ experience as a legal assistant
- Strong skills in word processing and computer use: ability to type 70 wpm with high accuracy; proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Nuance required; some knowledge of PowerPoint, time keeping programs, AccuRoute, Netdocs preferred; ability to perform internet research required
- High degree of attention to detail is required\
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates, required
- Excellent transcription, grammar, proofreading and organizational skills is required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner is required
- Ability to communicate by telephone in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts required
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a desk and to handle multiple demands from multiple people, required
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision required
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines is required
- Ability to read and write in English required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.