This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced Advocacy Paralegal Manager to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for supervising, coaching and otherwise managing the paralegal teams in collaboration with practice group Paralegal-Attorney Liaisons.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the paralegal team in seven offices, including overseeing workflow, problem-solving and coaching
- Partner with Paralegal-Attorney Liaison to assess skills of current and future paralegals, determine staffing needs and establish paralegal team priorities/goals
- Collaborate with Paralegal Attorney Liaison and paralegals to develop best practices
- Manage time and attendance, scheduling, semi-annual check-ins, coaching, transitions, workflow, expense reimbursements, recruiting for the paralegal team
- Liaise between paralegals and firm administrative departments
- Lead process improvement and project management efforts
- Develop agendas for paralegal team meetings
- In collaboration with PG and iSt, facilitate processes for evaluating and acquiring new technology tools to support paralegal team
- Evaluate training needs and facilitate training and development opportunities for paralegal team
- 10+ years experience performing paralegal work. Solid understanding of the nature of litigation and other advocacy related practices
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience as a manager and coach of paraprofessionals
- Ability to partner with lawyers and paralegals to problem solve, remove obstacles, build teams and create best practices
- A deep understanding of the role and value of a skilled paralegal
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Paralegal-Attorney Liaison to develop and maintain a high quality paralegal team
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel) required
- Demonstrated high degree of attention to detail
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Willingness to travel to each office approximately two times per year
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.