This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a detail-oriented Payroll Coordinator to join our team in Seattle.
This key support position assists in processing payrolls for multiple offices in multiple states (Alaska, California, New York, Oregon, Washington and Washington, DC), working closely with HR, Benefits, Office Administrators and Managers regarding payroll issues and services.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Assist in processing bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly and quarterly payrolls for multiple offices in multiple states (Alaska, California, New York, Oregon, Washington and Washington, DC), using the UltiPro platform. This includes: importing, entering and verifying timesheet and HR/Benefits data; transmitting payroll files; maintaining payroll files and records; distributing pay statements and checks; calculating and producing out-of-cycle or final checks; and other similar responsibilities related to the payroll function.
- Work closely with the Payroll Administrator, HR, Benefits, Office Administrators and Managers regarding payroll matters.
- Produce standard and ad hoc payroll reports using Ultimate Software’s Business Intelligence.
- Prepare and process remittances to benefit providers.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of assigned payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service by working with other team members in researching and responding to payroll related inquiries.
- 5+ years of payroll experience in a multi-office, multi-state environment, required.
- FPC, CPP or equivalent knowledge and experience required.
- Experience with automated payroll, time & attendance and benefit accrual systems required; experience with Ultimate Software’s UltiPro, preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll tax regulations, wage attachments and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. importing files/data parsing, formatting and basic formulas).
- Previous law firm or professional service organization experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services environment (attorneys, managers, staff).
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner.
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, service environment. Firm commitment to providing customer service excellence.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple demands from multiple people.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.