This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a motivated Receptionist to join our team in New York.
This position is responsible for being an ambassador for the New York office by greeting clients, answering and directing a high volume of incoming calls; receiving deliveries; maintaining the NY office conference room calendar; assisting visitors, attorneys and staff with a variety of matters; and other tasks as may be assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Answer and screen a high volume of incoming calls promptly and professionally.
- Answer attorney lines that bounce back to reception, and offer to take detailed messages or transfer to voice mail as directed. Send messages via email when necessary.
- Greet clients, visitors and vendors; notify attorneys and/or staff of their arrival in a timely manner; occasionally escort visitors to scheduled offices and ensure their needs are met; arrange for a host to escort if necessary.
- Communicate with attorneys and staff regarding a variety of inquiries and requests for assistance, e.g. ordering cars, scheduling visitor offices.
- Maintain New York portal page regarding daily attendance, visitors, birthdays and events.
- Monitor set ups in conference rooms on daily basis including food catering orders appropriate for the number of guests, equipment set up and communication with support teams involved. Contact office services when conference rooms are vacated for timely clean up.
- Obtain appropriate charge-back information for catering orders, maintain log of attorney / client dietary restrictions and catering preferences.
- Maintain phones listings for new hires and departures; coordinate with administration regarding new assignments, numbers and extensions.
- Receive hand delivered client documents and notify mailroom.
- Maintain calendar for multiple conference rooms, including booking and using discretion when prioritizing or coordinating room changes; assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting/visitor rooms. Maintain reception area, i.e. keep visitor coat closet in order and assist in returning missing items to their respective owners; manage reception magazine rack and floral arrangements.
- Assist with DWT visitors: enter guests into building security system; manage visiting office schedules; confirm visits daily; assist with copying or faxing as needed.
- Interact with building security: coordinate scheduled and unscheduled visitor arrivals; report spills, temperature requests, lighting, electrical and any related facilities issues using the databases to track job orders.
- Assist with other clerical tasks as needed, including time entry.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings.
- 2+ years experience as receptionist or administrative assistance in an office environment required; experience using a multi-line phone system preferred.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required; advanced education preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts, required.
- Ability to interact with lawyers and staff at all levels, required.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax machine, copiers, scanners, phones and computer.
- Demonstrated proficiency MS Office products required (MS Office 2010 preferred); must type 45 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and have excellent grammar; spelling and proofreading skills, required.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate, and use good judgment, required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality, and maintain a professional appearance, required.
- Ability to work extended hours or periodically change work schedule / hours if needed, required. Come in early or work later when needed.
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.