This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced Director of Financial and Client Accounting to join our team.
This position provides operational leadership for all functions in the financial and client accounting departments, including financial planning and analysis, billing, collections, general ledger, accounts payable, tax reporting and compliance, budgeting, cash management, payroll, audit, and insurance/risk management for a multi-state partnership with offices in Alaska, California, New York, Oregon, Washington D.C. and Washington State.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Work directly with the Chief Financial Officer on all aspects of finance strategy for the firm.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the financial accounting and client accounting departments, including financial planning and analysis, billing, collections, accounts payable, tax reporting and compliance, budgeting, cash management, payroll, audit and insurance/risk management for all DWT offices.
- Assess operational health of financial accounting and client accounting departments and recommend changes to the organizational structure to streamline processes and achieve client service excellence.
- Coach and develop department managers and set standards for an innovative client service culture.
- Partner with department managers to develop and implement value-added reporting.
- Partner with department managers to assess and streamline the firm’s budgeting processes.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate and manage personnel in accordance with the firm’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a culture of high customer service, mutual respect and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of managerial accounting, financial management, and/or financial consulting experience in a multi-state, multi-office organization required.
- Experience in a Big 5 accounting firm or a law firm strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating the operational health of an organization and identifying and implementing changes to streamline operations to meet strategic goals is required.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience required.
- Proven ability to apply finance and accounting expertise to facilitate business problem solving required.
- In-depth working knowledge and understanding of Elite, CMS or similar comprehensive or enterprise-level accounting software experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service required.
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professionals required.
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner in a professional services environment required.
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, service environment. Firm commitment to providing customer service excellence required.
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.