This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a Rate Administrator to join our Accounting team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for the system setup and maintenance pertaining to timekeeper and client rate arrangements, reporting on and auditing rates within the billing system, and providing rate information to various teams within the firm. The Rate Administrator will work with the Billing team to edit and maintain the firm’s rates and with the Pricing team to identify pricing opportunities.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
The ideal candidate:
- You are highly organized and actively seek opportunities to document firm-wide arrangements and best practices.
- You are comfortable working independently and troubleshooting problems with minimal supervision, while still supporting a larger team.
- You have an understanding of basic legal rate structures and the desire to learn more about complex arrangements.
- You are comfortable creating informative spreadsheets and reports for internal (attorney) and external (client) use.
- You are known for catching errors that others wouldn’t notice – and you care about fixing them.
Your contribution includes:
- Setting up new timekeepers and maintain status of existing timekeepers in financial system
- Entering new or update existing client/matter billing rates; review and modify new matter intake where needed
- Reviewing client engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines; update matters for compliance with listed requirements, including coding cost exceptions
- Producing Excel charts for the purpose of batch system rate loads
- Creating and maintaining an electronic folder/database of top client and matter rate arrangements
- Monitoring end dates to existing client arrangements
- Monitoring and maintaining client volume discounts in the billing system
- Communicating changes in arrangements to Central Records and the billing team
- Maintaining regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
- Providing assistance to internal clients regarding routine rate and pricing questions
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years relevant experience in an automated accounting department
- A B.A. in Accounting or Finance is preferred, but not a requirement
- A demonstrated high level of ability to use MS Excel
- Knowledge of Elite Enterprise and/or Aderant software
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The knack to be a high performer under pressures of deadlines, heavy volumes, and requests
- A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- The ability to work overtime as needed
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.