This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an entry-level Administrative Secretary to join our litigation practice group in our Portland office.
This position is designed to provide assistance to litigation executive legal secretaries and other administrative staff on a task basis. Completion of all provided training programs is mandatory.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Attend training classes.
- Assist executive legal secretaries and other administrative staff with assigned tasks which may include administrative tasks, entering attorney time, preparing binders, organizing files, assisting with legal documents and other projects as assigned
- Self-starter with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to accurately type 50+ wpm
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- A highly professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines
- At least one year experience in a professional office preferred
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.