This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a detail-oriented Collections Coordinator to join our team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for monitoring and collecting accounts receivable, working with attorneys to achieve budget requirements, and independently managing their assigned client accounts. Applicant will work with internal accounting teams, attorneys, secretaries, and firm clients to resolve outstanding invoice issues. The ideal candidate will take initiative to review and resolve client accounts before they become uncollectible.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
Expected schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable; exhibit good judgment in escalating unresolved issues to management.
- Use firm’s collections software to manage client accounts and keep an accurate record of communications, contacts, payments, deadlines, attorney preferences, and other pertinent information.
- Utilize third-party electronic billing sites and insurance company sites to research reduced and rejected invoices; assist attorneys with filing appeals and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Identify and submit write off requests of pre-negotiated discounts for e-billing, volume and prompt pay discounts.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets of invoice reduction information and present data to attorneys in a clear, concise format.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standard processes related to insurance collections and management.
- Develop and independently manage a process to meet multiple overlapping deadlines.
- Provide periodic updates to practice group financial partners on outstanding client accounts; provide reports to attorneys, secretaries, and administrators as needed.
- Communicate with clients in accordance with firm collection protocols and provide excellent customer service throughout the collection process.
- Familiarity with client guidelines and payment requirements to ensure collection efforts are within the agreed scope.
- Generate and distribute template reminder statements; use verbal and written communication to send custom payment inquiries.
- 2+ years’ collections with strong customer service experience required, preferably in a legal environment
- Previous experience in a professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Demonstrated high level of ability to use MS Excel and Word required
- Knowledge of ARCS 2G collections software preferred
- Ability to handle heavy workload with time constraints and deadlines
- Must be a team player and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as diplomacy and negotiation skills; ability to work with clients and attorneys in stressful and high-pressure situations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.