FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor & Event Coordinator
OFFICE: Portland, OR
SUMMARY: Provides coverage as needed in concierge, mailroom and copy center areas; including answering phones, meeting set-up services, deliveries and copying needs. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
This position is from 10:00 am – 6:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Provides coverage in areas of reception, hospitality and copy center:
- Clean and restocking break stations, conference rooms, lunchrooms and attorney lounge.
- Conference and event space set-up and clean-up; including loading dishwashers and maintaining break areas.
- Maintain inventory, order and stock supplies for lunchrooms and events.
- Order food/beverages as needed for meetings and events.
- Greeting and directing visitors to the firm. Answering a multiple line telephone system.
- Receive hand delivered client documents and send out the appropriate document delivery notifications to attorneys and staff.
- Assist with routing of client deliveries to the appropriate attorneys and staff.
- Maintain on-line calendar for multiple conference rooms and using discretion when booking and prioritizing or coordinating room changes.
- Assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting rooms and visitor offices.
- Assist visitors with all reasonable needs they may have such as copying, faxing, scanning, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Triage requests from attorneys, staff and clients to accommodate needs. Coordinate priorities with Concierge team.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance of the reception area; organizing current periodicals on the tables, controlling lighting, etc.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to understand and follow work directions.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook. Familiarity with OneNote is a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment.
- High school diploma or GED Certification.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.