This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Systems Librarian to join our team in Seattle or Portland.
The Systems Librarian is responsible for the coordination of the complex technical services functions of the Library & Research Services department to provide legal professionals and staff with seamless access to Library research tools, subscription content, current awareness and other legal and business intelligence. Primary duties include management of the integrated library system and electronic resources management system, access management, acquisitions, cataloging, technical support, product evaluation, vendor relations, and usage analysis and reporting.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
- Manage all aspects of Library’s integrated library system and electronic resource management system, including user authentication, user experience, circulation, acquisitions, cataloging and reporting.
- Perform complex cataloging and bibliographic problem-solving, including batch loading of catalog records.
- Provide technical support for all Library technology assets. Provide cross-functional support to reference librarians where end-user technical issues arise.
- Contribute to intradepartmental efforts to identify and evaluate new, innovative legal research solutions. Coordinate trials, elicit feedback, and participate in training efforts.
- Provide support on other Library and firm wide research, innovation, and knowledge management initiatives.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by benchmarking state-of-the-industry practices and participating in professional organizations. Closely monitor trends in legal research technology to inform Library strategic planning.
- Perform any and all other duties as necessary to support all Library functions and objectives.
- Occasional travel to other DWT offices required.
- 2+ years law library experience; Masters in Library and Information Science strongly preferred.
- Exceptional collaborative skills. Ability to work closely with teammates located in multiple offices and different time zones.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate sophisticated concepts to end-users of various levels of technological expertise.
- Knowledge of cataloging principles, as well as knowledge of integrated cataloging systems and related technologies.
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and organizational know-how.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High degree of sensitivity to client confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm for implementing innovative, forward-thinking solutions.
- Flexibility, self-motivation and a sense of humor.
- Experience providing technical training to individuals and groups, on-site or via web/video conference, strongly preferred. Demonstrated experience developing training materials and product documentation.
- Basic understanding of knowledge management in the law firm environment
- Familiarity with taxonomy and tagging technologies
- Basic knowledge of UI and UX.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.