This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking an experienced IP Docket Specialist to join our Seattle team.
This position is responsible for updating and maintaining the IP docket; docketing dates, running reports, and working collaboratively with other IP Docketing staff to maintain the system, and ensure that critical IP deadlines are properly calendared for action by appropriate IP Attorneys and Staff.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
Your contribution includes…
- Data entry; processing and docketing all incoming mail, faxes and e-mail.
- Inputting, verifying and clearing deadline and reminder dates in docketing system, docket annuity instructions, monitor and maintain due dates.
- Maintaining the docketing database, monitor IP docket calendar.
- Creating and running reports.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
Join us if you have …
- 5+ years’ experience with docketing software, in a law firm or legal services environment, is preferred;
- Knowledge of US and International patent and trademark prosecution processes and ability to understand US and International patent, trademark, and TTAB rules is preferred.
- Experience with trademark docketing and adversary proceedings heavily preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate grammar and spelling.
- Detailed-oriented, deadline-driven, and exceptional time management skills.
- Analytical reasoning skills and ability to interpret rules and instructions accurately.
- Can accurately type 35-40 wpm.
- Proactive team player, able to easily shift tasks in order to re-balance working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries, are required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines is required.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Davis Wright Tremaine’s policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10, 25 or 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.